Qualstar Branch Location Updates for 2021
Over the past few years, and due to recent enhancements of our Online Services, we have seen a notable reduction in traffic at our branch locations. As Qualstar continues to grow and demonstrate financial soundness, with fewer members needing to come into branches and two of our current offices in close proximity to other branch outlets, we have decided to redirect resources to better serve all members by closing two of our branches.
Due to these closures, and on-going COVID-19 safety guidelines, our branch availability in 2021 will be as follows (face masks will continue to be required in all of our open branch lobbies):
- Tacoma, Federal Way, Renton, Seattle and Everett branch lobbies will continue to be available by appointment only, Monday-Thursday, 9am-5pm; Friday 9:30am-6pm. To schedule an appointment call 425-748-7269 and choose the branch you need._ In accordance with the WA State mandate, and all persons entering our branches are required to wear a face mask._
- Federal Way drive-up will remain open to serve members without an appointment needed (Saturday hours are discontinued.)
- Kent branch will close, permanently – the last day of business at this location will be December 31, 2020. Members who use this location are encouraged to visit our Renton (ATM takes deposits; night drop) or Federal Way (drive-up open, ATM takes deposits; night drop) branches.
- Redmond branch will remain closed, permanently. Members who use this location are encouraged to visit our Renton (ATM takes deposits; night drop) or Seattle (ATM takes deposits; night drop) branches.
Call 425-748-7269 to Request an Appointment at our Available Branches.
For scheduled appointments, procedures for check-in will be provided when you call – ID will be required before entering, and a face mask must be worn by all persons entering our lobbies. You will be asked to provide the purpose for your appointment – if a branch is not needed for your request, you will be given other options for completing your transaction remotely.
For those members who do need to visit a branch location, please follow the Centers for Disease Control recommendations to help prevent the spread of this and other illnesses.
If you do not have a branch location conveniently located near work or home, there are other great options for accessing and managing your Qualstar account(s) without needing a branch:
- Online Services – if you’re not already using Mobile and/or Home Banking, now is the time to start! Apply for a loan, review balance and transaction history, check deposits to checking and loans, internal transfers to other Qualstar accounts and external transfers to/from other banks and credit unions, Visa debit and credit card tools, eStatements (be sure to subscribe), Bill Payer with no fees, and MORE.
- ATMs – our branch ATMs are still taking cash (no coin) and check deposits and can dispense cash; you can also use Co-op ATMs to transact with NO surcharge fee.
- Shared Branch Locations – while many locations have closed, there are some still offering lobby service; be sure to visit each location’s website before heading out to make sure.
- Contact our Call Center – if you’re not sure of the best way to complete your transaction, give us a call at 1-800-848-0018 for assistance.
Other important things to note for managing and accessing your finances during this time:
- Your Visa Debit and Credit Cards will continue to work at merchants and ATMs—the changes we are making to serve members at our branches do not affect our cards and other electronic services.
- If your income has been impacted by COVID-19 and you are concerned about how to make your loan payments, please contact us to discuss your payment options.
- If you need to wait a bit longer on hold with our Call Center or in a branch to do a transaction, we appreciate your patience and understanding while we navigate staffing changes due to school closures and other issues related to COVID-19.
January 2021 Stimulus Information
What is the stimulus deposit?
The U.S. government is issuing a second payment to eligible individuals as part of their economic relief package in response to the coronavirus pandemic. The U.S.Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service will distribute the economic impact payments.
How much is this second stimulus payment?
Eligible taxpayers who filed tax returns in 2019 will automatically receive an economic impact payment of up to $600 for individuals or head of household filers, and $1200 for married couples filing jointly. In addition, they may receive up to $600 for each qualifying child under the age of 17.
When will the checks or direct deposits be paid?
Checks and deposits will be sent in early January 2021 – if you are still waiting for your payment, please visit the IRS Economic Impact Payments website.
My deposit currently shows as “Pending” – what does that mean?
If the IRS has transmitted a future deposit to Qualstar, the amount is shown as “Pending” on your account, however no actual funds have been transmitted. If/when funds are received for your account, they will be posted on the day the funds are received by end of business.
Who is eligible for the second payment?
Check the IRS Economic Impact Payments site for eligibility details.