GAP Coverage Protects Your Investment
The dramatic decrease of your car’s value as soon as you drive it off the lot can put surprising and unnecessary strain on your wallet if your car is stolen or totaled. The actual cash value of your car can be quite a bit less than what you still owe on your loan. Since you’re responsible for paying the remainder of your loan even when your car is stolen or totaled, depending on how much your insurance will cover, you might have to come up with hundreds or even thousands out of your pocket unless you have Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) Coverage.
The Benefits of GAP Coverage
- Covers the financial “gap” by covering up to 125% of the loan to value (after your insurance coverage is applied)
- Costs far less than other coverages – just a one-time fee of $345.00!
- $1,000 toward the purchase of a replacement vehicle when financed through Qualstar (to receive the $1,000 benefit there must be a total loss, and a new loan must be made for the replacement vehicle within 90 days of when the vehicle is determined to be a total loss)
- Protects your personal credit rating
- Available for both new and used vehicles
- Enrollment is easy and coverage begins immediately