The Edward G. Streuli Scholarship Program
We are now taking applications for the 2017-18 school year!
Qualstar recognizes the value of continued education and supporting those people who make the commitment to work toward a goal after high school. Therefore, each year Qualstar will award a set number of scholarships to individuals who are continuing or renewing their education. This year we are awarding SIX (6) $2000 scholarships!
Interested applicants should complete the application process detailed below (you can also download a PDF of program outline):
- Must be a high school senior OR currently enrolled in a college/university/trade school.
- Existing youth account members and children/grandchildren of existing members are eligible to apply (account must be open for at least 12 months and be in good standing)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien
- Must have at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA (transcript required) from current or previous school
- Must use the scholarship for continuing education at either a 4- or 2-year college or university, community college, or trade school (proof of enrollment required)
- Previous Edward G. Streuli Scholarship winners are eligible to apply if still enrolled in continuing education
- Qualstar employees, board members, and the families of employees and board members are not eligible to apply
Application Process (February 15th through April 15th):
- Applications are accepted February 15th through April 15th ONLY.
- Submit your online application (scroll down) and Essay Questions (see below), or print a PDF copy and bring it, along with your other required materials, to any branch location or mail it to us.
- Applications can also be submitted electronically (Word or PDF documents only, please) to eCommunication@qualstarcu.com, please reference “Scholarship Entry”
Essay Questions (required):
Please write an essay answering the question below; minimum 500 words. Your essay must be submitted, along with your application and transcript, to either the e-mail address below or mail to: PO Box 96730 Bellevue, WA 98009
Essay Question: How can credit unions appeal to or engage millennials in order to earn their business?
Essays will be judged based on clarity, completeness of details and overall concept.
E-Mail your completed application, essay, and all other required documents (by April 15th) to eCommunication@qualstarcu.com; be sure to reference your scholarship submission.
Selection Process & Winner Information:
- Applications1 are accepted each year between February 15th and April 15th.
- Once all completed applications and required materials are received, they will be reviewed by the current selection committee (made up of board members, the CEO, and two selected staff members.)
- Scholarship winners will be notified by phone after the first week of May; checks will be made payable to the school of choice upon submission of verified registration and mailed in August.
- Winners will provide a picture to Qualstar which they agree to have used for promotional purposes.
We look forward to receiving your entries!
1 A complete application consists of ALL required items (application, copies of transcripts, essay) received by April 15th – incomplete applications will not be submitted for review by the selection committee.