The Edward G. Streuli Scholarship Program
Congratulations to our 2020 Edward G. Streuli Scholarship Winners!
Qualstar recognizes the value of continued education and supporting those people who make the commitment to work toward a goal after high school. Therefore, each year Qualstar will award a set number of scholarships to individuals who are continuing or renewing their education.
Interested applicants should complete the application process detailed below (you can also download a PDF of program outline)
- Must be a high school senior OR currently enrolled in a college/university/trade school.
- Existing youth account members and children/grandchildren of existing members are eligible to apply (account must be open for at least 12 months and be in good standing)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien
- Must have at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA (transcript required) from current or previous school
- Must use the scholarship for continuing education at either a 4 or 2-year college or university, community college, or trade school (proof of enrollment required)
- Previous Edward G. Streuli Scholarship winners are eligible to apply if still enrolled in continuing education
- Qualstar employees, board members, and the families of employees and board members are not eligible to apply
Application Process (February 15th through April 15th):
- Applications are accepted February 15th through April 15th ONLY. Entries received after April 15th will not be considered.
- Submit your online application below (only available Feb. 15th-April 15th)
- Or print a PDF copy (available Feb. 15th-April 15th) and bring it, along with your other required materials, to any branch location or mail it to us.
- Send your 500 Word Essay (this year’s question is below) to eCommunication@qualstarcu.com; please reference “Scholarship Entry”
- Applications can also be submitted electronically (Word or PDF documents only) to eCommunication@qualstarcu.com, please reference “Scholarship Entry”
Essay Question (500 Word Minimum):
Essays will be judged based on clarity, completeness of details and overall concept.
E-Mail your completed application, essay, and all other required documents (by April 15th) to eCommunication@qualstarcu.com; be sure to reference your scholarship submission.
Selection Process & Winner Information:
- Applications1 are accepted each year between February 15th and April 15th.
- Once all completed applications and required materials are received, they will be reviewed by the current selection committee (made up of board members, the CEO, and two selected staff members.)
- Scholarship winners will be notified by phone after the first week of May; checks will be made payable to the school of choice upon submission of verified registration and mailed in August.
- Winners will provide a picture to Qualstar which they agree to have used for promotional purposes.
If you prefer to submit a printed application you can open the PDF on your computer, complete the fields, and print it to be mailed to the address provided above.
The application window is closed – please check back again later.
1 A complete application consists of ALL required items (application, copies of transcripts, essay) received by April 15th – incomplete applications will not be submitted for review by the selection committee.