The Edward G. Streuli Scholarship Program
Congratulations to our 2019 Scholarship Winners!
Qualstar recognizes the value of continued education and supporting those people who make the commitment to work toward a goal after high school. Therefore, each year Qualstar will award a set number of scholarships to individuals who are continuing or renewing their education.
Interested applicants should complete the application process detailed below (you can also download a PDF of program outline):
- Must be a high school senior OR currently enrolled in a college/university/trade school.
- Existing youth account members and children/grandchildren of existing members are eligible to apply (account must be open for at least 12 months and be in good standing)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien
- Must have at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA (transcript required) from current or previous school
- Must use the scholarship for continuing education at either a 4 or 2-year college or university, community college, or trade school (proof of enrollment required)
- Previous Edward G. Streuli Scholarship winners are eligible to apply if still enrolled in continuing education
- Qualstar employees, board members, and the families of employees and board members are not eligible to apply
Application Process (February 15th through April 15th):
- Applications are accepted February 15th through April 15th ONLY. Entries received after April 15th will not be considered.
- Submit your online application below (only available Feb. 15th-April 15th)
- Or “print a PDF copy” (available Feb. 15th-April 15th) and bring it, along with your other required materials, to any branch location or mail it to us.
- Send your 500 Word Essay (this year’s question is below) to eCommunication@qualstarcu.com; please reference “Scholarship Entry”
- Applications can also be submitted electronically (Word or PDF documents only) to eCommunication@qualstarcu.com, please reference “Scholarship Entry”
Essay Question (500 Word Minimum): Next year’s question will be posted on February 15th
Essays will be judged based on clarity, completeness of details and overall concept.
E-Mail your completed application, essay, and all other required documents (by April 15th) to eCommunication@qualstarcu.com; be sure to reference your scholarship submission.
Selection Process & Winner Information:
- Applications1 are accepted each year between February 15th and April 15th.
- Once all completed applications and required materials are received, they will be reviewed by the current selection committee (made up of board members, the CEO, and two selected staff members.)
- Scholarship winners will be notified by phone after the first week of May; checks will be made payable to the school of choice upon submission of verified registration and mailed in August.
- Winners will provide a picture to Qualstar which they agree to have used for promotional purposes.
If you prefer to submit a printed application you can open the PDF on your computer, complete the fields, and print it to be mailed to the address provided above.
This year’s program has ended – please check back next year, starting February 15th.
1 A complete application consists of ALL required items (application, copies of transcripts, essay) received by April 15th – incomplete applications will not be submitted for review by the selection committee.